Obama is not the problem

Obama is not the problem and Romney is not the solution.


I have heard many people say lately that if Obama is re-elected  America is over but Obama is not the problem, he is only a symptom. The problem is us. We as a people have turned away from God.

Revelation 3:14-18

American Standard Version (ASV)
14 And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God:
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So because thou art lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spew thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and have gotten riches, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art the wretched one and miserable and poor and blind and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold refined by fire, that thou mayest become rich; and white garments, that thou mayest clothe thyself, and that the shame of thy nakedness be not made manifest; and eyesalve to anoint thine eyes, that thou mayest see.

That is the problem and that is why, unless Romney is a phenomenal evangelist he will not be the solution. Unless and until Christians get to the point that they are willing to live as God says live and are more concerned with reading their Bible and praying than they are watching TV and movies this country will continue to fall. 

2 Chronicles 7:14

American Standard Version (ASV)
14 if my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Blaming Obama is dangerous, as it will prevent us from addressing the real problem which is us. Attending your favorite religious institution and going through the same old religious rituals will not fix things either, it is time for us to get serious with God.

Matthew 7:21-23

American Standard Version (ASV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is time for us to repent. It is time for Christians to get to know God through reading their Bibles and get to know what God says about how we should live. Then we need to take a good hard look at ourselves in the mirror, figuratively speaking, confess our faults ask God for forgiveness and then work hard to turn this country back into a Christian nation. That is our only hope. Are you in?

Thank you to Biblegateway.com for the Bible verses. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWJD

Christians Don't Want Christianity